this is a plea for help! bacKgammon needs help from outside
developers. i will be getting into serious time constraints soon
with the completion of my ph.d. and will not be able to spend as
much time as i used to on bacKgammon.
bacKgammon needs help in the following areas:
- better board design - if you know about graphics programming
and feel like writing a fully 3d vectorized graphics engine for
the board, please contact me.
- now that backgammon engines can easily be plugged into the
program, it would be nice if people could write new
engines. if that really works, the program could also be used
to switch to a shared library approach with dynamic laoding.
- the documentation of bacKgammon has to be extended and
translated. if you feel like contributing but cannot program,
please consider the documentation.
- bacKgammon needs binary packages for .rpm and .deb. if you
know how to produce these packages, please contact the author.
- it would be cool if the program could become scriptable
(perl or python?). while this is not high on my priority list,
i would be more than happy if somebody could do this.